? ??????????????Amazing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (51 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 12045 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????????Solve Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (124 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 18981 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 2, 2009

What we have here is a failure to communicate!

Well...I had to ground Shelby. She is at the age now that a grounding or stern talk works just as well as spankings. Thank God for that. You know spanking Shelby really did hurt me more than it did her. Groundings don't hurt me near as bad. I will reserve spankings for a last resort punishment.
Anyway...back to the offense. Shelby was playing with my hat. I told her to stop and explained that my hat is not a toy, it is flimsy and would not fair well in the care of a child. She took heed of my warning at first, but 30 minutes later she was back at it.
I was very upset and sent her to her room. After calming down (a very important step to any disciplinary action) I told her she was grounded for a day. To ensure this experience was a learning one, I explained that...and I quote..."Shelby, I am not mad about what you were playing with, I am mad that you were playing with something I told you not to play with. So, I am not mad about the hat, but about your disobedience. Do you understand?"
Shelby's reply was..."I don't understand just one word. What does replayin mean?"
Evidently, my accent is amplified in anger. "were playing" is evidently pronounced replayin in the south. Yeah...I'm a redneck.

Anyway, Shelby had to stay inside on the only sunny day last week.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

what?!! you have an accent? lol

Glo said...

LOL!!! I can't stop laughing!!!