? ??????????????Amazing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (51 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 12045 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????????Solve Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (124 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 18981 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I fount me a new SWIMMIN HOLE YA'LL


This weekend Jen, Shelby, Bethany, and I went on a family outing to see some of the beautiful sites of our state. WOW...how beautiful it is! We went into the Ouachita National Forest and visited the Little Missouri River Falls. The drive was not bad until we went on dirt roads. The dirt roads were in great shape, but a minivan is not the ideal mode of transportation on them. Bumpy, slow, and dusty.

When we arrived, everyone needed to go to the "Tinkle Tavern" (that is our family's name for the bathroom). We were glad to see that there were bathrooms at the falls. However, I believe I would have rather used the woods than what we had to use. A GLORIFIED PORTA POTTY!!! It smelled horrid. Thank the Lord that we were up in the mountains where the temperature stays cool. Heat that stuff up and....well it would have been game over for me.

We had a quick picnic...I do mean quick because the aroma of the bathrooms would waft over to enhance our dining pleasure.

Besides that, we had a blast. The falls are gorgeous, even in August when we have not had a lot of rain. We swam in them. WOW WAS IT COLD!!!! We did get used to the temp of the water and had a great time. Being in the mountains and swimming in the icy waters changes a man...no really...my clothes were wet...I had to change. And you thought I was going to get deep and philosophical on you!


1 comments:

Glo said...

Yes, Adam, I was waiting for more details.LOL Looks like you all had a great time there! The pics are beautiful!