? ??????????????Amazing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (51 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 12045 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????????Solve Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (124 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 18981 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sweet Wheels Man!


Jen and I have talked about getting Shelby a new bike. The bike she has is from when she was three. If she grew anymore she would need knee pads to save her from the handlebars!!!
Well a co-worker is having a birthday tomorrow so I made a trip to Walmart. (The shopping mecca of our humble city.) As I was looking for a good gift, I walked by the bicycle isle. Memories of my childhood rushed through my mind. I remember riding my bike across my hometown to go to grandma's, friend's, and family's houses. It was my first taste of freedom.
Then the debate started. On one-hand it was a different time then. It was pre-Adam Walsh. On the other hand, should Shelby miss this important step in her life (freedom) because I am afraid?
I bit the bullet and bought my childhood brand of bike HUFFY! When I brought it home I was so excited to see Shelby's reaction. (And scared to see Jen's reaction since I didn't include her.) When I got home there was jumping up and down... high pitched screaming...a disire to ride it immediately....and that was just my reaction. Just kidding! Shelby was so excited! So was Jen! SANTA AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON ME!

UPDATE:
We just started the training on the new bike. We have a ways to go. No skinned knees though....I call that a success. After all of the adjusting we did to the bike, it is still a little big for her. She will grow into it very soon.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

That made me cry. LOVE Huffy!!

I am so excited to read about your craziness!! Love you Cuz!