? ??????????????Amazing? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (51 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 12045 Total Grabs. ??????Pre
view?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????????????????????????????Solve Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (124 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 18981 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, April 16, 2010

Holy Ulcer Pain...Batman!

What a night! Jen had cooked chicken spaghetti for supper. About 9:30 I started having abdominal pain which I associated with a gall bladder attack. I haven’t had one of those in a long time, but what I do remember is that eventually they go away unless infection has started. Infections would be accompanied by fever and I did not have fever. Well……about 12:30 after being doubled over in pain in the floor I realized that I could not overcome by myself. Soooooo……...The ER was friendly and courteous. I found out that I have an Ulcer or severe acid reflux. (I capitalize the word Ulcer out of respect demanded by the intensity of pain it holsters) They gave me a cocktail of numbing liquid. It worked in around 15-20 minutes. They took my blood and determined that it had nothing to do with my gall bladder. So praise God that my gall bladder is ok. I can afford to treat an ulcer/acid reflux. I can’t afford a surgery to remove my gall bladder. Anyway, next week I will follow up with Dr. Jansen. I finally got back home and in bed by 2:30-3:00. It was a long night. By the way Jen had just as bad of a night…not with pain….but with trying to take care of me. I love that women. She is amazing. I know you would say that she is supposed to take care of me. The truth is she had to work today too. She could have gone to bed and left me to deal with the pain. Because face it…there was nothing she could do….wait….that’s not true…she could love me…AND SHE DID. We are both at work on little sleep. Not a renewed energy for the day, but a renewed love for my wife. That will do.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm telling you--you and Dad are SOOOO much alike. Sorry you had pain :(

I thought Jen quit her job????

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Wow, your ER works fast! In most places, it's 3-4 hours before you're even seen. Glad you're feeling better! And yes, you are lucky. Jen is a wonderfully amazing woman. ;)